The Oskaloosa Public Library and the City of Oskaloosa values employees who deliver high quality and innovative services to the community. Our employees will be accountable to the public and will be recognized for their integrity and dedication as public servants.
Library Director (Posted 8/26/2015)
If you’re passionate about public libraries, an engaging public speaker and an enthusiastic team player, consider applying to be our new Library Director. The Oskaloosa Public Library Board of Trustees seeks candidates to fill this full time position with the City of Oskaloosa.
The Oskaloosa Public Library is a state accredited and expanded Carnegie Library in downtown Oskaloosa, Iowa – a recent Blue Zones certified community. A county seat of 11,525 residents, Oskaloosa is located an hour southeast of Des Moines and thirty minutes northwest of Ottuwma. Just a few claims to fame include Musco, Clow Valve, the George Daily Auditorium and the historic downtown square.
Open six days a week, the Library serves the residents of Oskaloosa, Mahaska County and six county towns. A staff of seven full time and five part time employees help provide access to a well-rounded collection and provide programming for all ages.
Here’s what you’ll need to do/be:
· Communicate effectively with the public and government officials
· Have a good grasp on library finances
· Be capable of working well with an established team of employees
· Keep up with the latest technology, social media and current trends in library service
· Develop a collection that meets the educational and entertainment needs of patrons
· Build strategic partnerships with local business and organizations
· Be an enthusiastic leader with a strong commitment to public service
Required qualifications include a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited school and a minimum of five years of public library experience. The Board offers a competitive salary with an outstanding benefit package. The candidate who is offered the position will be required to have a drug screening and a background check. The Oskaloosa Public Library is an EOE/AA.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address below by 5:00 p.m. on September 15, 2015.
City of Oskaloosa
Library Board of Trustees
220 South Market Street
Oskaloosa, IA 52577